Spectator Information now available
Rally cars can do the unexpected so, for your own safety and that of others, please:
- Respect the marshals and follow their instructions
- Observe the colour coded tape and all signage
- Use the natural environment to protect yourself
- Don’t walk on the rally stage
- Stay standing and remain alert
- Remember that alcohol and drugs can impair your responses and threaten your safety
2018 RALLY NORTH WALES SPECTATOR INFORMATION
- Entry to each car park is £10 (a car park ticket will be issued to allow return to the same car park during the day. This includes a Programme worth £5, additional programmes are for sale at £5. Accessing the other car park there is a charge of £5 if they show the Car Park ticket to prove earlier entry to a car park.
- Spectators can access both Car Parks from the A470 south of Mallwyd (junction with A458) towards Aberangell. At the cross roads head straight on up the “private road”. Car Park A BIG RAY is 1 mile off to the left. Car Park B is beyond car park A to a cross roads and turn left. Drive for two miles and the car park is on the right. It will be signposted.
- Times for the event are below or download an overview map below
Crews assemble around the Famers Mart in Dolgellau during the late afternoon (2PM onwards).
Spectators will be able to enter the market on foot during the event but must take extreme care and keep well away from cars and mechanics (spectators are not permitted at scrutineering).
Rally2WD event: First car leaves at 07:30 Gwyndaf Evans Motors, Dolgellau
Rally4WD event: First car leaves at 13:20 Farmers Market, Dolgellau
The first car in the Rally 2WD event will leave the start line on Saturday morning from Gwyndaf Evans Motors in Dolgellau with the rest of the crews flagged away at minute intervals thereafter, introduced by a commentator.
The Rally 4WD event will start from the Farmers Market.
Rally2WD event: First car is due at SS2 08.30 & SS5 11:25
Rally4WD event: First car is due at SS2 14:25 & SS5 16:25
Rally2WD event: First car is due at SS3 08.55 & SS6 11:45
Rally4WD event: First car is due at SS3 14:45 & SS6 16:40
Rally2WD event ONLY – Service Park, the Farmers Mart, Bala Road, Dolgellau – 09:30 – 12:00
Enter on foot from the Bala Road next to Eurospar down the concrete ramp. Please take care and observe the Warning signs. When on site please stand well back from the cars and the Service crews. No access to the far end of the Park beyond the HELP DESK Trailer. Catering facilities and toilets are available. Cars return from the first leg of stages to be readied for the second loop of stages.
Rally4WD event ONLY –Service Park – Corris Craft Centre, Corris, Machynlleth SY20 9RF – 15:20 -16:00
Please take care and observe the Warning signs. When on site please stand well back from the cars and the Service crews. Catering facilities and toilets are available during the day. Cars return from the first leg of stages to be readied for the second loop of stages.
Rally2WD event: First car is due at 12:30
Rally4WD event: First car is due at 17:30
Crews who have successfully completed the route will arrive at Gwyndaf Evans Motors to be interviewed and photographed as they cross the finish line. For a few lucky crews they will get the chance to spray the champagne too.
- Always keep your own safety in mind
- Follow marshals’ instructions
- Observe and obey all event signs
- Stay within the official spectator areas
- Do not enter any prohibited areas
- Keep off the road
- Expect the unexpected
- Cars may throw up stones
- Cars may overshoot junctions
- Cars may leave the road
- Cars may run wide on corners
- Cars may cut corners